Bush hid the facts
1. Most of the information is what I found over the internet. My contributions are in black ink :D
2. I got a mail today morning regarding this: Felt little odd, though I forwarded this piece of info to my friends. And started looking on for it… Idle mind is a devil’s workshop you see J]
If you have a Windows XP machine open notepad and type in “Bush hid the facts” and save it. Open it again and you get 畂桳栠摩琠敨映捡獴 or 9 rectangles if you don't have the Chinese character set on your computer. If you copy the 9 rectangles from notepad into word you will see the Chinese characters.
Of course Mike hid the facts also does the same thing: 楍敫栠摩琠敨映捡獴, except if you look closely you will see the first two Chinese characters are different.
I don't know what to say. OK, any Chinese speakers out there? What does it say? Windows experts, any ideas?
I used Babel Fish to translate:
□敫 □touches □□reflects picks □
In other words it's gibberish :D
I did some additional tests and came up with the following:
1. When I copy from notepad to word the font is PMingLiU
2. Bush hid the facts: 畂桳栠摩琠敨映捡獴
3. Bush hid the fact: Bush hid the fact
4. Bush hides the facts: 畂桳栠摩獥琠敨映捡獴
5. Abcd efg hij klmno: 扁摣攠杦栠橩欠浬潮
6. abcd efg hij klmno: 扡摣攠杦栠橩欠浬潮
7. Bush the facts: Bush the facts
8. Bush hid facts: Bush hid facts
9. Hid facts: Hid facts
Reportedly google Translate says: 畂桳栠摩琠敨映捡獴 = 畂 桳 Hour Morocco by showing video games seized mongoose – in chinese
and 畂 桳 栠 摩 琠 敨 映 projections 獴 – in japanese
Some more experiments:
1. gggg ggg ggg ggggg = 杧杧朠杧朠杧朠杧杧
2. s fggd feh vgg segtv d = 杦摧映桥瘠杧猠来癴搠
3. this app can break = 桴獩愠灰挠湡戠敲歡
4. Dong has big balls = 潤杮栠獡戠杩戠污獬
5. Dong has man boobs = 潤杮栠獡洠湡戠潯獢
Some other observations:
1. These does not happen when we open a pre-encoded file and over write some text and save it again... say for instance we save "gggg ggg ggg ggggg" .. and open the file to get "杧杧朠杧朠杧朠杧杧" ... now if we overwrite that text to "s fggd feh vgg segtv d" and save and close notepad and open it again this does not happen ...
2. Aother excellent observation: As I was writing this text in notepad, just after typing the the closing (") character in the previous paragraph ... the justification of notepad changed to right-aligned .. phew .. all sorts o wierd things :D [please see attachment of screenshot]
Upon a little further research, it appears that many sets of 4-3-3-5 words will trigger this bug. For example:
"Bush hid the truth"
Each number represents the number of letters in the word.
So, with that little bit of info, let's see what people can come up with. (Hint: It usually works better with all lowercase characters, and you might need to make a new text document for each try.)
1. come and try vgamp = 潣敭愠摮琠祲瘠慧灭
2. zach has the dough = 慺档栠獡琠敨搠畯桧
3. yung ate the skunk = 畹杮愠整琠敨猠畫歮
4. guess this ;) = 楴慦栠獡戠杩戠潯獢 (hint: tifa has big ....)
5. kush lid for backs -畫桳氠摩映牯戠捡獫
plus you can continue :D with this .. ill keep posting to this blog as soon as I get something new.